I earned my MSW at Hunter College School of Social Work in New York City in 2002. While working in community mental health in Brooklyn, New York, I developed a particular interest in working with trauma. For me, this meant understanding how people develop normal reactions to abnormal circumstances, rather than focusing on pathology. I learned that while trauma and chronic stress follow some patterns, people's path to healing is unique. I view my work as part art, part science, and part faith. I moved to Laramie in 2011 with my wife to spend more time camping and biking and less time on the subway.
Post- Masters training includes:
- Advanced Certificate, Trauma Studies Center- Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy, 2007.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing- Certified 2005, EMDRIA Certified Consultant 2010
- Stephen Mitchel Center for Relational Studies 2009, 2010
- Internal Family Systems Model Level 1 2015
- Intimacy From the Inside Out (IFS Level 2) 2016
- Intimacy From the Inside Out Advanced 2018